Fill In The Blank
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fill In The Blank

A place to have fun and tart

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Books and Reading

Go down 
+7
Dankman
Ace_Archer
Queens
Kaine
Viagrette
Bunnyspawn
mistymay
11 posters
AuthorMessage
mistymay
Paragon
Paragon
mistymay

Books and Reading Empty
PostSubject: Books and Reading   Books and Reading EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 8:42 pm

study study study study study study study study study study

Since we're breaking things down into sections I figured I'd make one on books Smile What's your favorite genre? Your favorite author? Favorite book? Favorite series?
Back to top Go down
Bunnyspawn
Paragon
Paragon
Bunnyspawn

Books and Reading Empty
PostSubject: Re: Books and Reading   Books and Reading EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 9:03 pm

Orson Scott card. The Ender series. I'll read just about anything, so i don't really have a specific genre.
Back to top Go down
Viagrette
Paragon
Paragon
Viagrette

Books and Reading Empty
PostSubject: Re: Books and Reading   Books and Reading EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 9:15 pm

Sorry....can't pick just ONE for most of these! :-P Avid reader (before I discovered Puzzle Pirates)

What's your favorite genre? Fiction...classical...science fiction...Fantasy...Romance

Your favorite author? Edgar Rice Burroughs...Robert Jordan....Francine Rivers...Walter Farley...Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Favorite book? Our Mutual Friend by Charles Dickens (hardest book i ever read too :-P ...suggest you watch the BBC movie before you tackle it)

Favorite series? Tarzan series of 24 books by ERB, Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan, Mark of the Lion by Francine Rivers, Black Stallion by Walter Farley, Sherlock Holmes by Sir A.C. Doyle

study study study study study study study study study study study study study study study study study study study study study study study study study study study study study study study study study
Back to top Go down
Kaine
Weighty
Weighty
Kaine

Books and Reading Empty
PostSubject: Re: Books and Reading   Books and Reading EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 2:15 am

Viagrette wrote:
Sorry....can't pick just ONE for most of these! :-P Avid reader (before I discovered Puzzle Pirates)

What's your favorite genre? Fiction...classical...science fiction...Fantasy...Romance

Your favorite author? Edgar Rice Burroughs...Robert Jordan....Francine Rivers...Walter Farley...Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Favorite book? Our Mutual Friend by Charles Dickens (hardest book i ever read too :-P ...suggest you watch the BBC movie before you tackle it)

Favorite series? Tarzan series of 24 books by ERB, Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan, Mark of the Lion by Francine Rivers, Black Stallion by Walter Farley, Sherlock Holmes by Sir A.C. Doyle

study study study study study study study study study study study study study study study study study study study study study study study study study study study study study study study study study

+1 to that. Those were the first books I read for fun and I'm still eagerly anticipating the end of a very long haul...

Brandon Sanderson isn't doing a bad job of it either, and i *sortof* like his other work. Well I do like it, but the only problem is he is a little too enamoured with "matrix style" characters who jump into the middle of a large sea of people and beat the snot out of them.

Uber powerful characters in WoT make much more sense (i.e. BOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Back to top Go down
Viagrette
Paragon
Paragon
Viagrette

Books and Reading Empty
PostSubject: Re: Books and Reading   Books and Reading EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 4:43 am

Yeah...his books are awesome...don't know HOW he kept track of so many characters and developed each one so well.... ( except for the fact that he used thousands and thousands of pages to do so LOL ) I'm glad he wrote the very end himself ... I'm curious whether they will notate in the text when it switches back to his writing ... or if I'll be able to pick up on the switch from the writing style His dedication to his readers was remarkable...to spend so many of his final hours telling the end of the story to the man that would finish the series for him ... Glad he did Smile
Back to top Go down
Queens
Apprentice
Queens

Books and Reading Empty
PostSubject: Re: Books and Reading   Books and Reading EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 4:29 pm

I like a lot of different types of books. Smile Some favorites are the Hunger Games (series) the Uglies series, the Glass Castle, Water for Elephants, Confederacy of Dunces Razz, Memiors of a Geisha, the Thirteenth Tale, My Sister's Keeper, etc. Anyone like these books, dislikes, recommend any? Smile

study
Back to top Go down
Ace_Archer
Weighty
Weighty

Books and Reading Empty
PostSubject: Re: Books and Reading   Books and Reading EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 4:58 pm

my god, this is going to be like choosing a favorite child, wont it? oh well here it goes:

Favorite Authors?: Ridley Pearson, Suzanne Collins ( not for hunger games series BTW Razz ), Eion Colfer, Erin Hunter

Favorite Genre?: Fantasy, Sci-Fy, a little bit of adventure

Favorite Book?: Well, if i had to only pick one, it would be the first kingdom keepers book ( if you ever get a chance to read it, do it, it is an amazing book)

Favorite Series?: Gregor The Overlander ( Suzanne Collins ) The Kingdom Keepers ( Ridley Pearson ) Warriors ( all of them) ( Erin Hunter ) Artemis Fowl ( Eoin Cofler )
Back to top Go down
http://vmkcff.0forum.biz
Viagrette
Paragon
Paragon
Viagrette

Books and Reading Empty
PostSubject: Re: Books and Reading   Books and Reading EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 5:16 pm

Queens wrote:
I like a lot of different types of books. Smile Some favorites are the Hunger Games (series) the Uglies series, the Glass Castle, Water for Elephants, Confederacy of Dunces Razz, Memiors of a Geisha, the Thirteenth Tale, My Sister's Keeper, etc. Anyone like these books, dislikes, recommend any? Smile

study

The Glass Castle was an amazing read...and I HATE non-fiction generally. My sister's keeper and memoirs wee both very good also. My daughter just read Water for Elephants...and it is now right next to me on the desk...as a MUST READ! lol
Back to top Go down
Dankman
Paragon
Paragon
Dankman

Books and Reading Empty
PostSubject: Re: Books and Reading   Books and Reading EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 7:03 am

To be quite honest, I don't really enjoy books, well most of them anyways. I've read a few that I've actually enjoyed, but I'm not much of a reader (not meaning I can't read, meaning I don't like to)
Back to top Go down
http://koti.phnet.fi/santamik/sexophone.swf
mamabuns
Paragon
Paragon
mamabuns

Books and Reading Empty
PostSubject: Re: Books and Reading   Books and Reading EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 8:15 am

I wish I had time to read :/ The last book I read was a parenting book.
Back to top Go down
Nil
Expert
Expert
Nil

Books and Reading Empty
PostSubject: Re: Books and Reading   Books and Reading EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 7:47 pm

I'll read anything, but my favorite two authors would have to be Neal Stephenson and Terry Pratchett.
Back to top Go down
Queens
Apprentice
Queens

Books and Reading Empty
PostSubject: Re: Books and Reading   Books and Reading EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 6:50 pm

Viagrette wrote:
Queens wrote:

study

The Glass Castle was an amazing read...and I HATE non-fiction generally. My sister's keeper and memoirs wee both very good also. My daughter just read Water for Elephants...and it is now right next to me on the desk...as a MUST READ! lol

Glass Castle is probably my favorite book. Smile
Back to top Go down
wereperson
Apprentice
wereperson

Books and Reading Empty
PostSubject: Re: Books and Reading   Books and Reading EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 2:09 pm

cat in the hat
Dr.suess
Back to top Go down
Gallo
Expert
Expert
Gallo

Books and Reading Empty
PostSubject: Re: Books and Reading   Books and Reading EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 3:33 pm

Cheers Were
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Books and Reading Empty
PostSubject: Re: Books and Reading   Books and Reading Empty

Back to top Go down

Books and Reading
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fill In The Blank :: Welcome Aboard! :: Setting Sail!-
Jump to: